- Eric Lengyel’s new book Foundations of Game Engine Development, Volume 2: Rendering?has a book review here. I’d call the review about right – from my skim, this book has nice coverage of a bunch of basic (and still relevant) techniques. Particularly nice: Eric put all his figures up for the purposes of fair use!
- You probably know of Jendrik Illner’s weekly roundup of graphics articles. It’s also worth noting he has a simple database searcher for these posts.
- Alain Galvan has a blog post that goes over some of the literature on denoising (thanks to Mauricio Vives for the pointer). He has followed this up with a shorter post on machine learning denoising.
- WebGL path tracer. Flickery, but hey, pretty fun to see working in a browser.
- You want more WebGL ray tracing? How about hybrid?Castle Wolfenstein and spheres with soft shadows?
- MIT CSAIL has developed color-changing inks. You have to bake in the colors you want, which takes awhile, and UV light will erase the colors set.
- How did I miss this all these years? From 2009, strainer faces by Isaac Cordal.