The first two are what motivated this post, but the rest are hopefully worth your time:
- Hash Functions for GPU Rendering?– I’ve been waiting a long time for this to come out.?RT here. Now there’s no reason now to use a bad one. Oh, and bonus: Shadertoy version.
- On Windows,?Control+Shift+V?pastes text without the formatting (I never knew until now…). Oh, and it’s the somewhat insane combo Option + Command + Shift + V on the Mac. Then I found?this list?for more on Windows. But the second-best one is missing from both: Windows+Shift+S brings up four different screen clip tools?(thanks, Mark DeLoura!).
- Ray Tracing Denoising article by Alain Galvan.
- arXiv now allows researchers to submit code with their manuscripts – title says it all. I’m for it.
- Real-Time Stochastic Light Cuts won a best paper award at I3D 2020; it includes source code. And,?here’s a nice blog from the first author.
- SIGGRAPH paper trends?in twelve seconds.
- What might cheer you up: free and legal?Studio Ghibli screen background images.